The Department of Accounting and Information Systems in the Pamplin College of Business strives for excellence in fulfilling the three missions of a comprehensive land grant university by:
- Providing a world class accounting and information systems education to our students.
- Improving the accounting and information systems professions by conducting quality research and disseminating the results.
- Delivering outreach services to accounting and information systems professionals and educators.
France Bélanger was awarded the KoMePol-IT Fellowship from the University of Koblenz-Landau in Germany. Dr. Belanger conducts research on how to educate teens on security and privacy for their mobile phones and electronic government.
Mark Your Calendars
MACIS Social for all MACIS and 152-Hour Students on Thursday, August 31, 2017, from 5:30-7:30pm in Squires BreakZONE. During the Social, we will discuss important information regarding your stay here in the department as well as at Virginia Tech. The remainder of the Event will consist of fun, fellowship, food and giveaways! We look forward to getting to know you and/or catching up! Do not miss the MACIS Social!! We are expecting all MACIS and 152-Hour students to attend. If you are unable to attend, please notify Arnita at firstname.lastname@example.org so that an alternate time can be scheduled to discuss the important information that will be shared at the Social.
The 47th Annual Virginia Accounting and Auditing Conference, organized by Virginia Tech's Department of Accounting and Information Systems and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, helps update accounting professionals in auditing, tax, fraud, accounting, technology and more. The 2017 conference will be held at the following three locations:
- September 25 and 26 in Roanoke
- September 28 and 29 in Falls Church
- November 16 and 17 in Virginia Beach