- Darrell and Betty Martin Faculty Fellow
M.S. Virginia Tech
Jean Lacoste joined the Department of Accounting and Information Systems in 1997. She has taught the following courses for the Department:
- 1004 - Accounting Foundations
- 1504 – Introduction to Business Information Systems
- 2504 – Personal Computers in Business
- 2115 & 2116 – Principles of Accounting
- 3115 & 3116 – Intermediate Accounting
- 3515 & 3516 – Systems Analysis & Design
- 4514 – Database Management Systems
Ms. Lacoste has also taught for Pamplin and other departments at Virginia Tech including the Leadership, Academics and Excellence in Pamplin (LEAP) Program, First Year Experience and numerous courses for the Faculty Development Institute.
Ms. Lacoste is a Diggs Scholar and the Darrell D. and Betty R. Martin Junior Faculty Fellow. She earned these awards for teaching innovation in large class and online settings.
In addition to her teaching responsibilities, Ms. Lacoste has maintained the departmental website since 2001.
Before coming to Virginia Tech, Ms. Lacoste worked as a college instructor, a Systems Analyst and a Financial Assistant.