The Department of Accounting and Information Systems (ACIS) offers a world class accounting and information systems education to our students. Our Master of Accounting and Information Systems (MACIS) Program prepares students for professional careers with specializations in accounting analytics, audit, financial services, information systems and taxation.
A recent Public Accounting Report ranked Virginia Tech’s Master's of Accounting Program #3 in the mid-Atlantic Region, #15 among large schools and #23 among all programs nationwide.
- Open to students with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Degree can be earned in 12 months (if all prerequisites have been met)
- All 5 of our Options meet the Virginia Board of Accountancy’s educational requirements for CPA licensure
- Exposure to top organizations with a global presence
- Over 90% of our domestic students secure full-time employment prior to graduation
- Average salaries exceed $56,000
- Our students and faculty value connectivity and diversity
Virginia Tech and the MACIS Program offer tremendous opportunities and benefits to our students as can be seen in this video: