The Department of Accounting and Information Systems in the Pamplin College of Business strives for excellence in fulfilling the three missions of a comprehensive land grant university by:
- Providing a world class accounting and information systems education to our students.
- Improving the accounting and information systems professions by conducting quality research and disseminating the results.
- Delivering outreach services to accounting and information systems professionals and educators.
France Bélanger received the 2018 Pamplin Career Award for Excellence in Research.
Mark Your Calendar
- The Inaugural Virginia Tech Accounting Research Conference takes place on June 22 and 23, 2018 on the Blacksburg campus.
- The 48th Annual Virginia Accounting & Auditing Conference takes place in three locations this fall, including one in Northern Virginia, so you can choose the location nearest you or make a trip out of it and take advantage of all that these beautiful cities have to offer.
The Annual Accounting & Auditing Conference is a long-standing partnership between Virginia Tech and the Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) that brings together hundreds of practitioners of all specialties, from public accounting to corporate finance to nonprofit and government.
In its 48th year, this is the longest-running and highest-attended conference of the year. Our speakers are experts in their fields and are ready to give you the latest updates and trends affecting the accounting and auditing profession.
Earn up to 23 CPE credits for attending this event. You’ll get 19 CPE credits for attending the conference, and you have the option to earn 4 more credits by adding a bonus session on EBP audits on Nov. 14 for just $25 (bringing your conference total to 23 CPE credits). The session is being held in Norfolk, but will also be simulcast so you can conveniently watch it online no matter which conference location you attend. Norfolk attendees may choose to attend in-person or online.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website links above.